Discover the castle-museum of Gien in the Loiret
The castle of Gien belongs to the castle of the Loire
This Loire Valley castle was built in the late XIVᵉ century. Located in the center of Gien and in front of the campsite, the castle of Gien is part of the castles of the Loire. An example of French pre-renaissance, the castle of Gien was built before the beginning of the Italianate influences like the castle of Amboise and the castle of Blois.
The castle was the home of Charles VII during the 100 years war, then Henry II, Catherine de Medicis, Louis XIV and Anne of Austria.
The castle of Gien is also a museum of hunting, you can discover the hunting in flight, the hunting at court and the hunting with shooting.
The animations of the castle of Gien
“Become a naturalist”
The guide, playing the role of a naturalist, takes parents and children to discover the collections. The visit is punctuated by animations where the young students will have to answer game questions. For each correct answer, they will receive a counter mark. To graduate as a castle naturalist, they must collect as many as possible.
- In February, March, October, November and December: open from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. – closed on Tuesday
- In April, May, June and September: open from 10 am to 6 pm – closed on Tuesdays
- In July and August: open from 10 am to 6 pm
- Annual closure: December 25 and January
- Adult rate 5€.
- Children’s rate (6-17 years old): 3,5€.
- free for children under 6 years old
- Reduced rate for the adult accompanying a child over 6 years old on Wednesdays
CHATEAU DE GIEN – 45 500 GIEN
Stay at the Gien campsite
Take advantage of your stay in the heart of the Loire castles to stay in our Loiret campsite, in Poilly-lez-Gien. Sleep in a mobile home or even in unusual accommodation and dive into our heated swimming pool and its beach, without forgetting the activities of the campsite.